I am now reading the book Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul.N I found some quote made me think and would love to share it.Hope it does make some impact in you as it has already to me.
Relationships--of all kinds--are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely,with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your finges. You may hold on to some of it, but most will spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.
Everybody Doesnt Have to Love MeNot everybody has to love me or even like me. I dont necessarily like evrybody I know,so why should everybody else like me? I enjoy being liked and being loved,but if somebody doesnt like me,I will still be okay and still feel I am an okay person.I cannot make somebody like me, any more than someone can get me to like them.I dont need approval all the time.If someone does not approve of me,I will still be okay.
It Is Okay to Make MistakesMaking mistakes is something we all do,and I am still a fine and worthwhile person when I make them.There is no reason for me to get upset when I make a mistake.I am trying,and if I make a mistake,I am going to continue trying.I can handle making a mistake.It is okay for others to make mistakes,too.I will accept mistakes in myself and also mistakes that others make.
Other People Are Okay and I Am OkayPeople who do thing I dont like are not necessarily bad people.They should not necessarily be punished just because I dont like what they do or did.There is no reason why other people should be the way I want them to be.People will be whatever they want to be.I cannot control or change them.They are who they are,we all deserve basic respect.
You gain strenght,courage and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face.You are able to say to yourself,"I lived through this horror.I can take the next thing that comes along."